NEW customers get 20% off from construction management in london!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Price, Estimates and Variations
Unless C.E.o.1983 Ltd. provides the Customer with an estimate which is accepted by the Customer in accordance with its terms, all Works will be charged on the basis of C.E.o.1983 Ltd.’s standard rates applicable at the time the Works are carried out.
Estimates provided by C.E.o.1983 Ltd. are valid for a period of 30 days from the date quoted unless otherwise stated.
Where C.E.o.1983 Ltd. provides the Customer with an estimate, which is accepted by the Customer in accordance with its terms, that estimate is a firm, fixed price quotation unless otherwise specified by C.E.o.1983 Ltd. in the estimate and also except as follows:
– an estimate is based on the information made available to C.E.o.1983 Ltd. by the Customer. If during the conduct of the Works it becomes apparent to C.E.o.1983 Ltd. that that information was either incorrect or insufficient in any respect that C.E.o.1983 Ltd. considers to be material, C.E.o.1983 Ltd. reserves the right to inform the Customer and to increase the estimated price to take account of the revised information, and
– if prior to carrying out the Works, there is an increase in the cost of any relevant materials, equipment hire or transport since the date upon which C.E.o.1983 Ltd.’s estimate, written, emailed or oral, was provided, C.E.o.1983 Ltd. reserves the right to inform the Customer and to provide a revised estimate incorporating that increase. In this event, the revised estimate will apply unless the Customer cancels the Contract before the Works are begun.
Commencement and Completion Dates
Dates specified for the commencement and completion of the Works are estimates only. C.E.o.1983 Ltd. shall use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that it will attend on the date and time agreed. However, it accepts no liability in respect of non-attendance or late attendance on site or for the late or non-delivery of materials.
Inspection of Works
The Customer shall inspect the Works immediately upon their completion and if it considers that the Works or any part thereof are not in accordance with the Contract, it shall within 14 days from the date of completion give detailed notice in writing thereof. In the absence of any such notice, the Works shall be conclusively presumed to be complete and free from any defect which would be apparent on reasonable examination.
C.E.o.1983 Ltd. undertakes to repair or make good any defect in completed work which appears within three months of completion of the same to the extent that such defect arises from a breach of C.E.o.1983 Ltd.’s obligations under this Contract and provided that details of the defect are notified by the Customer to C.E.o.1983 Ltd. in writing within such period and that C.E.o.1983 Ltd. and its insurers are given the opportunity of inspecting the work and the alleged defect. This undertaking shall only apply to work carried out and completed and invoiced by C.E.o.1983 Ltd. and which is paid for by the Customer by the due date. If C.E.o.1983 Ltd. returns to the site at the Customer’s request to review a claim under this undertaking and it transpires that the defect had not arisen as a result of a breach of this Contract on the part of C.E.o.1983 Ltd., C.E.o.1983 Ltd. reserves the right to charge the Customer for the visit at its standard rate.
C.E.o.1983 Ltd. reserves the right not to carry out any work where the Customer cannot evidence that the work was originally carried out and completed by C.E.o.1983 Ltd. or where payment has not been made in full for such work.
– Parts and materials will be provided only with the benefit of the manufacturer’s / supplier’s guarantee, and are not guaranteed by C.E.o.1983 Ltd.
– Any recall arising from circumstances or factors known to the Customer but not notified or disclosed to C.E.o.1983 Ltd. prior to the work having been undertaken.
– Defects resulting from misuse, wilful act, or faulty workmanship by the Customer or anyone working for or under the direction of the Customer (other than C.E.o.1983 Ltd.).
– New installation: 1 year guarantee (new bathrooms, new kitchens, new tiling, etc.)
– Any repair works (e.g. repairing existing locks, repair tiling, repair grout, etc.) comes with maximum 3 months guarantee unless otherwise stated
If the Customer wishes to cancel an appointment for a visit by C.E.o.1983 Ltd., the Customer will incur a cancellation fee of £30+VAT if the cancellation is made less than 24 hours (but more than 2 hours) before the time scheduled for the appointment and of £70+VAT if the cancellation is made 2 hours or less before the scheduled appointment time.
If the Customer wishes to cancel a job that already has been authorised, the Customer will be liable for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us, in accordance with the original instructions.
C.E.o.1983 Ltd will use all reasonable endeavours to carry out the Works on the agreed dates but shall not be under any liability to the Customer if it should be either impossible or impracticable to carry out the Works on the agreed dates or at all, by reason of strike, lock out, industrial dispute, act of God or any other event or occurrence beyond C.E.o.1983 Ltd’s control.
BACS: C.E.o.1983 Ltd., Sort Code: 60-83-71 Acc.No: 57182089
Cheque: C.E.o.1983 Ltd. Suite 101 34a Watling Street, Radlett, WD7 7NN.
Invoices are payable within 5 days from the issue date. All late invoices will be passed on automatically to our commercial debt collectors for immediate doorstep collection. Late payments are subject to interest (1.5% per month from the due date) and admin fee (£10 per reminder). Cheques handling fee £4/chq.
All goods remain the property of C.E.o.1983 Ltd until the invoice is paid in full. Warranty is direct with manufacturer where available and our guarantee on the labour is only valid after the invoice has been paid in full. C.E.o.1983 Ltd is not liable for loss of revenue, although great care will be taken to avoid or minimise it. Recovery costs are passed on to clients/agents. All rights reserved.
Snagging: Where the Works have been completed subject to snagging, 90% of all amounts outstanding must be paid on such completion and the Customer must provide access to C.E.o.1983 Ltd without delay to enable the snagging to be finalised. The balance of 10% will become payable upon the finalisation of the snagging or, if access has not been made available to carry out the snagging within 14 days of completion, at the expiry of such 14 day period.
Where the Customer is represented by a third party (such as a managing agent, tenant or other occupier, contractor or other representative), in the event of non-payment by the Customer, the third party will be responsible for payment unless C.E.o.1983 Ltd has agreed otherwise in writing.